Alternatively you could watch our video on Setting up a Colleague Survey.
We would like to reassure you that our Surveys are GMC approved and created in association with Wessex LMC, as well as anonymous and peer bench marked along with GMC guidelines. Our surveys are therefore suitable for use in Revalidation.
So how does it work?
This Survey is conducted online through personalised and confidential emails which invite your colleagues. Once you have created the survey in your FourteenFish account, you are taken through several steps to completing your survey, including the Self Assessment and adding the contact details for all your intended invitees. When you have reached the minimum of 15 responses you will be able to close your survey to get the Summary. The cost of this is £28.
To create a Colleague Survey
- Click on Surveys from your Dashboard.
- Click on + Create new feedback Survey from the top toolbar.
- Here you will be able to choose to select a Survey, please select Me.
- Please then select Colleagues.
- Now you need Choose the right survey for your role, as well as Clinical Doctors we have surveys for Practice Managers, Nurses, Receptionists, Medical Educators among others.
Clinical Doctors can choose between the FourteenFish Survey (Checked by an LMC Medical Director for information that is obviously identifiable and felt inappropriate) and the GMC survey (which is not checked).
If you are a Hospital Doctor an LMCs checks the responses, as for Medical Educators, Occupational Health doctors, Nurses & Practice Managers. For surveys done by other members of staff the Medical Director at FourteenFish checks the survey summary with the same criteria as above.
- You will then be able to view the questions, from here you will need to click on Use these questions if you are happy to proceed. Click cancel if you would like to view a different question set.
- Next you can complete the Self Assessment This is so you can compare how you think you score in the areas concerned to what your colleagues then score you. It is a criteria laid down by the GMC.
- Please complete the survey results checking page and submit.
- You will then be able to enter Colleagues details (we recommend 18) with good range of professionals for this, with 50% Non clinical.
- Once you have entered all of your colleague names and email addresses you will be able to send invites.
- You can either pay at this stage or wait until you are ready to close the Survey.
- Your Survey will become automatically closable when you have both reached the minimum requirement of 15 responses (this is the GMC recommended minimum) and 10 days has lapsed since sending the invites.
- Should insufficient replies be received within 10 days an automatically generated reminder will be sent to non-responding colleagues.
- After this time should you require subsequent reminders to be sent please contact: email@example.com
If you require your survey to be closed earlier due to time constraints, you can request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we can look to do this for you. However, please be aware that if you haven't reached the minimum requirement, we would recommend discussing this with your Appraiser or Appraisal service before you close your survey.
When you have closed your survey, it will typically take 3 working days to be checked (if you have selected for your survey to be checked).
If you also need to set up a Patient Survey please follow this link.
You might like to know
Any data is held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Wessex LMC developed this questionnaire and hold copyright, therefore please don't use it elsewhere without the express permission of Wessex LMC's.
Further guidance is also at: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/colleaguefeedback
Article is closed for comments.