You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to easily capture your learning or indeed anything you want to store in FourteenFish.
You can do this from any of the email addresses on your account, and it's possible to add as many emails as you want.
Adding your first entry via email
Send an email to email@example.com from one of your registered email addresses. A new learning entry will be created using the Clinical Case Review template if you are a GP Trainee, or a CPD template otherwise.
Any attachments you send with the email will be added as attachments to the new entry 📎
The body of your email will be added to the private notes field of the new entry. When it's convenient, you can then copy-and-paste bits out of the private notes and into the other fields of the entry.
Advanced features – using hashtags
You can use hashtags when emailing in to capture learning points, reflection and even roles & tags.
- To capture learning: (or a description for QIA's etc) start learning with #learning (with a space after learning before the body of your text)
- To capture reflection: start learning with #reflection
- For credits: #credits
Any text before #learning will be put in private notes
- To attach the entry to a role or tag just include your role/tag names each starting with a # anywhere in the email (with a space after the tag name)
Important: If you are using hastags in this way please indicate the end of the entry using #end
Emailing QIA, significant events, or feedback
If you wish for an email to become a QIA entry then put #qia in the subject of the email (you can still have other descriptive text in the title).
- For significant events: #sie
- For colleague feedback: #cf
- For patient feedback: #pf
Emailing attachments to a Learning entry
Rather than uploading attachments to the FourteenFish website, you can use a special email address that is associated with each entry to attach files to that entry.
- Opening a learning entry in your FourteenFish account
- At the bottom of this page you will see an specific email address to link attachments to this entry like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy and paste this to an email and add your attachment
- Send the email
How to add additional email addresses
You can add as many alternate emails as you like which will enable you to submit from those accounts into FourteenFish.
Article is closed for comments.